- 2 cups almonds (soaked & dried or raw, chopped down in the food processor)
- 4-6 medjool dates (process first to make into a paste)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- generous pinch of salt
- splash of lemon juice (optional)
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup sweetener of your choice (agave/honey/) or a splash of date water
Combine crust ingredients in a powerful blender/food processor until it reaches a doughy-consistency (will form into a ball). Remove and press into a 9″ pie plate or bowl that has been greased with coconut oil. Next put strawberries in processor and just chop them a couple of times quickly (they should look very chunky). Add sweetener/lemon juice to the strawberries, mix well, and allow them to macerate (soak up the sweetness) before you pour them into your crust. Garnish with whole strawberries and almonds. Best Served Fresh and Cold, a la mode!
About this recipe:
I’ve been revisiting some of my favorite basic recipes as I’ve been collecting them together for my new class series : The Lost art of Raw Food. While sifting through my recipes I realized: I never shared my silly strawberry pie recipe with you. It was recently featured on Cafe Gratitude’s Blog click here to see it. This recipe is a super simple way to begin experimenting with raw desserts- especially right now because strawberries are at their peak!